The course will be divided into two days: the first will concentrate on shooting techniques and the second day will focus on modern shoot management activities.
Day one - shooting techniques
- interactive sessions discussing wounding loss in the field and factors responsible for poor shooting.
- practical activities including shooting skill exercise, range-judging and patterning workshop.
- advice from BASC shotgun coaches who will spend two to three hours with each group working on individual shooting skills.
- constructive feedback session.
- presentations explaining guidelines that help shoots maintain health and welfare of birds, ensuring good returns and high quality sport.
- afternoon visit to a working shoot, to see hands-on how to put guidelines into practice.
Book your place today - special rates available
Each day can be booked for just £65 if you are a GWCT or BASC member (£100 for non-members) or both days can be booked for a special discounted rate of £120 (£170 for non-members). All fees include the cost of clays, cartridges, lunch and refreshments.
Book for day one - shooting techniques >
Book for day two - modern shoot management >
Book for both days >
Please contact Lynda Ferguson on 01425 651013 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to book for a special discounted rate.